What I’ve been up to…
1) trying to fill my mind with songs other than those designed for those age 5 and under. And I thought the Sleep-Deprivation Ipod was bad…with a toddler and a preschooler, I am inundated with children’s music to the point that I found myself singing Barbara Manatee in the shower the other day. Yes, Veggietales. Still. At least Veggietales is entertaining for adults too!
2) due to aforementioned constant of kiddie music, it took me a couple of weeks to realize that the reason I am no longer able to pick up my favorite radio stations in the van is because someone stole our antenna. Seriously. Unscrewed it and took off. It is a conspiracy to prevent me from ever listening to adult music ever again.
3) I. Despise. Fruit. Flies. Like others that I have noted airing their frustrations via social media, I am currently waging an all-out war on these horrible creatures. After trying the paper in a cup of vinegar and juice trick (fail), I now have cut-up apple slices in a slightly open ziploc bag. We’ll see how this goes. I need to kill them all before the maniacal laugh that exudes from my lips whenever I kill one scares my children. What? It is satisfying.
4) I am within two weeks of THE VACATION. The one that consists of just me and my husband. By ourselves. For two nights. Our first true vacation since we have had children, and our first time leaving our children overnight. We scheduled this trip after seeing a Living Social deal back in April and decided to do something entirely out of our characters at this point in our lives (read=due to living blessed but frugal lifestyles) and bought the deal. I am super excited about it (especially after getting the final confirmation today from the bed and breakfast we will be staying in), but am definitely feeling a bit anxious about leaving the kids. They will be in great hands (yay Mom and Dad!) and I know my oldest will be fine, but it is the youngest I am unsure about. Mainly in regard to sleeping somewhere besides his crib. Oh, but to have this time just with Will. It will be close to heaven. No kids busting in our bedroom in the middle of the night with “I NEED WATER!”. Not having to stop what we are doing to get back for naps. I may end up slightly disoriented. I do know, however, that I am going to miss them like crazy!
5) Castle is about to come on. I hope our antenna still picks up the signal after Eila decided to experiment and make it look like modern art. I’m off to find out!